Monday, May 9, 2011

BYE, BYE, PRINT

I've said it before, and i'll say it again, "Apple Rules the World!" As print slowly disappears, Conde Nast will be offering magazine subscriptions on the iPad, joining Hearst and Time,Inc. The yearly cost of a subscription as an iPad subscriber, is cheaper than being a print subscriber. Although, print subscribers have access to use the iPad edition for free. You can currently subscribe to The New Yorker, on your iPad, for $5.99 a month or $59.99 for the year, and print subscriptions cost $69.99 a year. This makes me wonder if magazine companies want to go digital and nix print production altogether. As a print subscriber, I do not want to pay more than digital users. I think the cost of both subscriptions should be the same, if I have to pay more than the digital subscribers I might as well hop on board. I know it may cost a little more for print production, but it's the traditional way. Shouldn't traditional subscribers be recognized for their loyalty? Let me know if I'm the only one complaining about paying an extra $10 bucks? (I'm a broke college student, that extra $10 bucks can be lunch $$$ for two days!)LOL.




No comments:

Post a Comment